If you are thinking of getting into the tattooing industry as an artist, the most important tool you can have is your tattoo machine. Generally, artists choose between coil and rotary tattoo machines when they make their decisions. If you’re here, you may not even know the difference between he two and they are very different indeed.
Rotary tattoo machines are incredibly quiet. There is a small motor on the inside of the case that moves the needle up and down in a smooth and almost cyclical pattern. Rotary tattoo machines offer a more fluid and even tattoo process when compared to the coil style tattoo machine.
You’ve most likely got some friends in the industry if you are ready to buy your own gun and they might be able to give you some advice on what to choose. However, many people are looking for their first tattoo gun and finding a quality option is of the utmost importance. Your reputation is on the line as well as you clients’ body.
That being said, we’ve put together a list of some of the best rotary tattoo machines out there for 2019. With a product description and a list of the features, we hope you’ll have enough information to make a more informed decision about your next, or first, rotary tattoo machine.
New Star Tattoo Dragonfly Rotary Tattoo Machine Shader & Liner
The New Star Tattoo Dragonfly Rotary Tattoo Machine Shader & Liner is a great budget option for the tattoo artist looking to get started while having a quality product. Dragonfly is a popular brand and has a good reputation for making great tattoo products. This rotary tattoo machine is made for both shading and drawing lines. This works on 6 to 9 volts and it should rest for a few minutes after you’ve been running it for an hour or two. This will package comes stock with a tattoo gun and one set adjuster. For the price, they don’t get much better than this.
– Rotary tattoo machine that is used for shading and lines
– Green tattoo machine
– Do not use more that he normal 6 to 9 volts
– Easy to use, lightweight rotary tattoo kit
– Comes with 1 gun and one set adjuster
Hommii Professional Alloy Rotary Tattoo Machine
The Hommii Professional Alloy Rotary Tattoo Machine is another great option for any tattoo artist. This is a high quality rotary machine that is lightweight and silent. It accepts all needles, grips, power supplies with a clipcord and tubes. This tattoo machine was built with the tattoo artist in mind and the ergonomic design is complicated by its light weight. It features high quality components and materials in the making of this product and it works great for coloring, shading and lining. This machine is highly efficient, has low inductance, no magnetic cogging and high acceleration from the low mass inertia. Users seem to love how lightweight it is and how good it feels in their hands.
– Designed with the tattoo artist in mind
– Silent and light – low vibrations and weighs just 150 grams
– High efficiency, low inductance with no magnetic cogging
– Wide compatibility and accepts all standard grips, power supplies with clipcord and needles
Tattoo Machine Cartridge Pen G2 Japan Motor Rotary Tattoo Gun
The Tattoo Machine Cartridge Pen G2 Japan Motor Rotary Tattoo Gun is another great option if you are in the market for a new rotary tattoo machine. This package comes with everything you need to start knocking out great tattoos. It comes with a power line, needle cartridges and acrylic rack. This is a great machine from lining to color packing. It can do it all and not only is it great in those situations, it is very lightweight and quiet. This is a super functional rotary tattoo machine that doesn’t have many drawbacks, if any. We highly recommend this product.
– Made with aircraft aluminum alloy with an anodized finish
– With a powerful motor and advanced gear system, this tattoo pen is quiet and works great
– The parts on this product can be replaced and disassembled
– Is compatible with most brands ow big shell needles and power supplies
Dragonhawk Essence Pen Style Rotary Tattoo Machine
The Dragonhawk Essence Pen Style Rotary Tattoo Machine is another top option on our list. This pen style rotary tattoo machine was produced with the tattoo artist in mind. This machine can run with lower frequencies making the color transfer to the skin faster. In terms of the tattoo work that can be accomplished with this machine, the sky is the limit and we’re big fans of this tattoo gun. This is an ultra-quiet tattoo gun that features a plug RCA cord and a twist grip to be able to adjust the stroke. It is also comfortable to hold with its pebble round shape and matte coating.
– The Dragonhawk Essence pen is made of space aluminum and a Japanese motor
– Lightweight and ergonomic, this pen style rotary machine features an advanced gear system and powerful motor that allows it to be reliable and quiet.
– RCA cord connection
– Can be used for lining, shading and coloring
YILONG Professional Rotary Tattoo Machine Kit Gun
For around $90, you can get your hands on the YILONG Professional Rotary Tattoo Machine Kit Gun. This package includes the Yilong rotary machine, power cord, tattoo pedal, tattoo line and 50 blue tattoo needles. This design allows you to tattoo for longer periods of time at a high level. The weight is distributed to flow with the tube weight which makes this tattoo machine feel like it is almost weightless. Because of this, the tattoo artist won’t become fatigued as fast or end up with carpal tunnel cramps. Quiet and lightweight, this is a fun tattoo gun that will last you many years.
– Gun can be used for both lining and shading
– Frame is made with space aluminum
– Operating voltage is 7 to 10V DC – lining voltage is 7 to 8.5V – Shading voltage – 8 to 10V
– This was designed for safety and comfort while being adjustable for a great fit