Search our growing database of 2000+ tattoo artists in 50+ cities. Realism, Traditional, Black & Grey, Japanese, etc. You can also add an artist to our database by clicking here.
Rotary Tattoo Supplies
If you are thinking of getting into the tattooing industry as an artist, the most important tool you can have is your tattoo machine. Generally, artists choose between coil and rotary tattoo machines when they make their decisions. If you’re here, you may not even know the difference between he two and they are very different indeed.
Rotary tattoo machines are incredibly quiet. There is a small motor on the inside of the case that moves the needle up and down in a smooth and almost cyclical pattern. Rotary tattoo machines offer a more fluid and even tattoo process when compared to the coil style tattoo machine.
You’ve most likely got some friends in the industry if you are ready to buy your own gun and they might be able to give you some advice on what to choose. However, many people are looking for their first tattoo gun and finding a quality option is of the utmost importance. Your reputation is on the line as well as you clients’ body.
That being said, we’ve put together a list of some of the best rotary tattoo machines out there for 2019. With a product description and a list of the features, we hope you’ll have enough information to make a more informed decision about your next, or first, rotary tattoo machine.
Bishop V6 Rotary Tattoo Machine
The hand polished Bishop Rotary Tattoo Machine is built on state of the art 5 AXIS CNC with billet aircraft aluminum for incredible precision. This creates a machine that will allow for excellent finishes and tight tolerances. These machines have been made for function and fit by being hand made. Every Bishop Rotary machine is anodized to the standards of the aircraft industry and it is done for ware resistance in friction areas and finish. It uses a double sized needle clip to eliminate to create the down force on the needle, unlike the old standard rubber band.
You should run the machine between 7.5 and 8.5 volts and vary your style and hand speed if you are looking to pack color and shade. If you are looking to line, run the machine between 8 and 9 volts. The obvious answer is to find what works for you. Anything is possible with this wonderful tattooing machine by Bishop.
– Great transition to rotary from coil
– Instead of adjustable give, you get ‘organic give’ for a natural transition
– Works with traditional tubes and needles
– Made in the USA
– Faulhauber precision German motor that is custom made
– Aircraft aluminum built on a state of the art 5-Axis Kitamura CNC machine
– Mirror finish that has been hand polished and then anodised
– Extremely versatile
– Double needle clip to keep the needle in the perfect position
FK Irons Spektra Halo 2
The FK Irons Halo 2 crossover tattoo machine made of gunmetal allows the use of screw-on or standard tubes for cartridges and regular needles through their floating collet vise system. This features a grommet-less needle clip and rolling needle guide. By using counter level forces against a new ball bearing when clicking into place, the needle will stabilize on its own. This machine allows for a large amount of adjustment and up to 4mm of give travel by using a new give mechanism that has been made to suit standard and cartridge needles. You’ll also find this tattoo machine to be very easy to clean because you can disassemble with no tools. It is one of the top rotary tattoo machines on the market and if you decide to give it a shot, we have no doubt you’ll be a happy tattoo artist.
– Has a floating collet vise system
– Rolling needle guide and grommet-less needle clip
– Optimum performance from the high quality Swiss Maxon motor
– Stroke wheel is compatible with Halo 1 motors
– 3.4mm and 4mm stroke wheels with cams that have redesigned for less vibration and optimum torque
– No tools needed for disassembly
Cheyenne Hawk Pen
The Cheyenne Hawk Pen is one of the fine rotary tattoo machines created by one of the best tattoo supply companies out there in Cheyenne. Cheyenne is one of the leaders in the tattoo industry and you’re able to see this with the constant flow of reliable products they put out on the market. They were one of the first companies to make a rotary style tattoo machine that looks like a pen. This allows for freedom of movement that gives the artist a feeling of drawing as opposed to just tattooing. It’s got low volume and vibration levels that offer a comfortable working environment even during long tattoo sessions. It’s an award winning design that has mimicked everywhere.
– Lower volume and vibration than comparable products
– 3.5mm/0.14 stroke
– the Responsive mode allows for reactive hit and stitch frequency
– Can be used with different sizes of 2 HAWK Pen grips
– Adjustable needle depth that ranges from 0-4mm
– Maximum freedom of movement with rotating jack connection
– Offers roll inhibition
– Easy to cover
The Inkjecta Eclipse comes with a hefty price tag, but most artists will tell you that it’s worth the cost. The Inkjecta Eclipse comes in multiple colors and is extremely powerful, innovative and consistent. It was designed with traditional needles in mind and is able to push a 45 mag while running your bold linework with ease on a single pass. Each of the Eclipse tattoo machines are made by hand and tested a great deal to ensure the standards are up to the highest quality.
– Compatible with needle-on-bar and cartridges
– Custom motor
– The twin-spring vise grip lock is compatible with all standard tubes or cartridge grips
– has injection molded fiber motor housing and an Aircraft Billet Aluminum Alloy frame
– Includes custom magnetic allen key driver and keys, medium and rigid torsion flex bars and 3.25 cam
New Star Tattoo Dragonfly Rotary Tattoo Machine
The New Star Tattoo Dragonfly Rotary Tattoo Machine Shader & Liner is a great budget option for the tattoo artist looking to get started while having a quality product. Dragonfly is a popular brand and has a good reputation for making great tattoo products. This rotary tattoo machine is made for both shading and drawing lines. This works on 6 to 9 volts and it should rest for a few minutes after you’ve been running it for an hour or two. This will package comes stock with a tattoo gun and one set adjuster. For the price, they don’t get much better than this.
– Rotary tattoo machine that is used for shading and lines
– Green tattoo machine
– Do not use more that he normal 6 to 9 volts
– Easy to use, lightweight rotary tattoo kit
– Comes with 1 gun and one set adjuster
Hommii Rotary Tattoo Machine
The Hommii Professional Alloy Rotary Tattoo Machine is another great option for any tattoo artist. This is a high quality rotary machine that is lightweight and silent. It accepts all needles, grips, power supplies with a clipcord and tubes. This tattoo machine was built with the tattoo artist in mind and the ergonomic design is complicated by its light weight. It features high quality components and materials in the making of this product and it works great for coloring, shading and lining. This machine is highly efficient, has low inductance, no magnetic cogging and high acceleration from the low mass inertia. Users seem to love how lightweight it is and how good it feels in their hands.
– Designed with the tattoo artist in mind
– Silent and light – low vibrations and weighs just 150 grams
– High efficiency, low inductance with no magnetic cogging
– Wide compatibility and accepts all standard grips, power supplies with clipcord and needles
Horiking tattoo Machine
The Tattoo Machine Cartridge Pen G2 Japan Motor Rotary Tattoo Gun is another great option if you are in the market for a new rotary tattoo machine. This package comes with everything you need to start knocking out great tattoos. It comes with a power line, needle cartridges and acrylic rack. This is a great machine from lining to color packing. It can do it all and not only is it great in those situations, it is very lightweight and quiet. This is a super functional rotary tattoo machine that doesn’t have many drawbacks, if any. We highly recommend this product.
– Made with aircraft aluminum alloy with an anodized finish
– With a powerful motor and advanced gear system, this tattoo pen is quiet and works great
– The parts on this product can be replaced and disassembled
– Is compatible with most brands ow big shell needles and power supplies
The Dragonhawk Essence Pen Style Rotary Tattoo Machine is another top option on our list. This pen style rotary tattoo machine was produced with the tattoo artist in mind. This machine can run with lower frequencies making the color transfer to the skin faster. In terms of the tattoo work that can be accomplished with this machine, the sky is the limit and we’re big fans of this tattoo gun. This is an ultra-quiet tattoo gun that features a plug RCA cord and a twist grip to be able to adjust the stroke. It is also comfortable to hold with its pebble round shape and matte coating.
– The Dragonhawk Essence pen is made of space aluminum and a Japanese motor
– Lightweight and ergonomic, this pen style rotary machine features an advanced gear system and powerful motor that allows it to be reliable and quiet.
– RCA cord connection
– Can be used for lining, shading and coloring
YILONG Rotary Tattoo Machine Kit Gun
For around $90, you can get your hands on the YILONG Professional Rotary Tattoo Machine Kit Gun. This package includes the Yilong rotary machine, power cord, tattoo pedal, tattoo line and 50 blue tattoo needles. This design allows you to tattoo for longer periods of time at a high level. The weight is distributed to flow with the tube weight which makes this tattoo machine feel like it is almost weightless. Because of this, the tattoo artist won’t become fatigued as fast or end up with carpal tunnel cramps. Quiet and lightweight, this is a fun tattoo gun that will last you many years.
– Gun can be used for both lining and shading
– Frame is made with space aluminum
– Operating voltage is 7 to 10V DC – lining voltage is 7 to 8.5V – Shading voltage – 8 to 10V
– This was designed for safety and comfort while being adjustable for a great fit